The new house
On October 19, 2012, Charming and I closed on our first home together - a 1940 colonial with 3 bed/2.25 baths (ok, 2 functioning baths and a rough-in for a third in the basement if we choose to finish it) in a lovely neighborhood just north of DC. It's a wonderful, well-kept, murder-free old home, and it's pretty much a blank slate for anything we want to do with it. I am absolutely the impatient type, so I've been working on it literally since day one.
Projects so far
The Dining Room
- Help me choose colors for our dining room! Because we spent forever at the Benjamin Moore store, and despite buying two paint samples, I still don't know what I want to do :(
- Oh God, that kitchen
Even before we moved in, I knew the kitchen was going to be the first project.
- So I got to work. In heels.
And started ripping down wallpaper.
- Then I turned my fridge into a chalkboard.
And it was amazing.
- But naturally disaster struck
Right in the middle of the kitchen renovation.
- And finally it was done!
- I refinished and painted an old dresser
And fell absolutely in love with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
- I painted the main floor bathroom purple.
One down, one to go.
- And then after lots and lots of stalling, I painted the upstairs bathroom gray
(But still very similar in style to the downstairs bathroom... oh well)